Summer Camp 2020 starts in August (subject to final approvals from the authorities) with fun activities for children aged 2 months to 4 years. Prepare your children for the start of the new academic year by re-introducing them to school routines and the new normal.
After a long and exceptional summer, life in Doha is slowly returning to a 'new normal'. Now is the time to get your children out of the house and back in to nursery, where they can have fun and socialise with children their own age.
Summer Camp details
We will start Summer Camp as soon as we receive the final approvals for the relevant authorities. This is expected in early August, but will likely be delayed by the Eid Holiday. We are presently targeting a 16 August start date
but this could change, depending upon approvals. See our Covid-19 page for more information
Summer Camp runs daily (Sunday to Thursday) until 27 August. It is then followed by the new academic year, which commences on Sunday 30 August.
Camp is a time of informal, play-based activities where children will be re-introduced to nursery routines after the long absence enforced by the Covid-19 crisis. It is a vital opportunity for them to re-connect with friends and staff while adapting to the new coronavirus restrictions (see below for details
Sign up for Summer Camp 2020 today so your child can enjoy a relaxed return to "the new normal" and catch up with friends their own age.
Summer Camp is open to all children from 2 months to 4 years of age, including those who are not registered to attend Acorn Nursery long term.
The fees for Summer Camp are QR200 per day or QR900 per week for a normal working day.
We will attempt to accommodate any requirements you might have for early drop-off or late pick-up, but this will be an additional charge. We suggest you contact us to discuss your requirements
We have been working hard on our Re-opening Plan throughout the summer, liaising with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and researching best practice from around the World.
The Ministry recently published their requirements for nurseries, and how they should address safety and infection control in response to coronavirus. Our Re-opening Plan (which may change slightly in the future) has now been adapted to reflect these requirements.
Parents are required to complete our "Covid-19 Parent Agreement"
in which they agree to:
- keep their child at home if anyone in their household has either shown Covid-19 symptoms, or is not showing "Green" on the EHTERAZ app
- show the EHTERAZ app, have their temperature taken, and maintain social distancing when they visit the nursery
- stay out of the nursery buildings
- confirm my child has not been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid-19
- sterilise personal items (such as water bottles, lunch boxes etc) every day
- prevent toys, books and other items from bring brought into nursery by their child
- ensure their child is fully immunised, as per the Qatar Ministry of Health guidelines
- declare the recent travel history outside Qatar of all members of the immediate household
The new academic year for most international schools and nurseries in Qatar starts in late August. Whether your child is leaving home for the first time, returning to nursery, or about to start school for the first time - time is short!
The best you can do to prepare your little one for school (or nursery) is to ensure they:
- separate confidently from their parents
- can negotiate with other children over sharing toys and taking turns
- can follow simple instructions
- have an interest in new experiences and the world around them
It has been a long time since children were able to mix and play with friends their own age! Summer Camp is an ideal environment to learn (or re-learn) these skills, given the small class sizes, fun environment and the added individual attention that is possible in this environment.